What vaccinations are needed for my Dog?
- DHPP (distemper, hepatitis leptospirosis, parainfluenza, and parvo) at about 8-10 weeks, 12-14 weeks, and 16-18 weeks of age.
- Bordetella at about 8-10 weeks (intranasal and injectable).
- Rabies at about 16-18 weeks of age.
- DHPP Booster at one year after puppy plan, then every 3 years.
- Bordetalla Boosters every 6 months.
- Rabies Booster at one year after puppy plan, then every 3 years.
- Giardia – given when an animal is prone to Giardia. Speak w/ doctors about when boosters are due.
- Lyme – give when animal is going to be exposed to deer ticks on regular basis or prolonged periods of time. Speak w/ doctors about when boosters are due.
When it comes to worming, we feel that all puppies should be de-wormed as early as possible. But if your pet is at a very young age, we might decide to wait to ensure that your pet’s internal organs are mature enough to handle treatment.
All puppies are tested, as early as possible, for intestinal parasites.
Heartworm Testing and Prevention
The incidence of heartworm disease in Utah is low, but on the rise. We do, however, recommend heartworm prevention and yearly testing for the following reasons:
- Heartworm is endemic to many parts of the country, so you have peace of mind when traveling
- No medication is 100% effective – so we want to make sure they stay negative.
- Costs and risks of treating a Heartworm positive dog is very high. We highly recommend Heartgard Plus once a month year round. Studies have also shown that this will also help reduce the chance of your pet getting an internal parasite.